Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Plate Full of Tears

Even as I get older the feeling of the loss of you still remains. I will never forget due to my arm having your initials stained on them. Nothing really matters on a day like this, and everything else is pushed to the side. At least for a little while on this day, I get to fill up on your memories that I have. I get to play songs that remind me of the time. I have to do this alone, I have to let you run again and in my imagination be alive. You are beautiful and young is how i remember. If only one more day between January and December. Just one out of the 9000 plus days that have passed. If there was a chance that it could happen, I'd be 9000 million times more than glad. So just for today, permission is granted. I allow it on this day only, this one day out of the year. This is when I consciously sit down at my table and have a plate full of tears. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment